Have you ever looked back at your life and said to yourself,
"I wish that I had known this earlier in my life."?
Up to this point I've learned some important lessons.
Some of them include:
1. Don't "Kill Time." Time is precious, embrace every moment.
2. Growing up, you think your high school sweetheart is going to be the person you'll be with forever. Chances are, you're not. Each relationship is an experience.
3. Don't be afraid of experiences.
4. Scratch that, don't be afraid. Don't let fear stop you from taking chances. Don't be afraid to trust.
5. It may feel like the end of the world. It's not. Life will go on.
6. When life gets the hardest, call up your best friend. Laughter is the best medicine.
7. Hold on tight to real friendships.
8. Don't spend all your energy on friendships and relationships that are one sided. You deserve better.
9. Don't cry over someone who's not willing to cry over you.
10. Forever is a long time to be without someone, don't walk away angry.
11. Don't regret. Past experiences have made you who you are today and led you to have so many wonderful experiences.
12. The only power that someone has over you is the power that you give them.
13. It's not what happens. No one can make you feel one way or another. No one can make you do anything. It's not the action, it's your reaction. You have the power to choose how you react.
14. Put yourself in their shoes. Where are they coming from? Do you feel any differently about that person now?
15. It's not your place to judge. You are not responsible for judging anyone or their actions.
16. Don't accept things you don't think are right. You can affect change.
17. Hold yourself accountable when you are.
18. Allow others the space to hold themselves accountable when need be.
19. Don't blame.
20. Hugs, kisses and cuddling are wonderful things.
21. Love without bounds.
22. Find out what makes your light shine and do it.
23. Don't do the things that make you miserable. Life's too short.
24. Don't fall into old patterns, figure out how to bring positive change to your life. If something had a negative outcome in the past, change it for the future. Don't fall back on habit.
25. Be happy, smile, it's a chain reaction.
If you could go back in time and tell your eighteen year old self anything, something you know now that you wish you'd known then, what would it be?