Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday Thirteen #6


Banner compliments of Samulli

My Thursday Thirteen this week...

13 Things I'm Thankful For

1.  My Family
I'm thankful for my family and that I have the kind of relationship with them where I know that no matter what happens, I will always have a home to come back to.

2. My Health
While It's not always wonderful, I'm thankful that I am still able to function well in everyday life and that I'm healthy enough to keep dancing.

3. Health Insurance
We're paying the highest amounts of money each month and my sister is working at Starbucks to try to get an okay health insurance plan again. We have it none the less and for that I'm incredibly thankful.

4. I Can Be a Full Time Student
I'm thankful that I have the privilege to currently not have to work during the school year and that I can instead focus on being a full time student.

5. Rain
The last week or so has been rainy and grey, which while I love it, it makes me appreciate the sun even more when it finally comes out.

6. My Pets
I'm thankful that I awake to the beautiful song of my mom's canaries, the fact that my Betta fish are still alive as I don't have a great track record with fish, my 12-year-old dog who still acts like a puppy and my cats who rush over to me the minute I walk outside.

7. My Camera
Without which I would forget the tiny pieces of my past that have made my life so beautiful.

8. Dancing
I love the emotions I can deal with when I dance when they feel too overwhelming otherwise. It has amazing healing powers. I'm thankful for how alive and real dancing makes me feel.

9. Distractions
I'm thankful for every distraction I can get these days. They give me a chance to not deal with my current stress and depression and I often get something wonderfully productive out of the distractions.

10. My Friends
I've lately felt quite alone and it means so much to me when I get a chance to talk to one of my friends. [Who are in different places across the country.] Nothing will ever be able to replace the love I have for my friends.

11. Laughter
I love to laugh. I really believe it is the greatest medicine. I'm thankful that laughter has the power to turn tears of sadness into tears of joy.

12. Hugs
I got a hug from a girl today, the second one from someone outside my family since January when I left school and moved home. I survive on hugs and am used to giving and getting many each day. Today's simple hug reminded me how thankful I am of them.

13. No Regrets
I am a firm believer on not regretting anything I've done. I am proud of who I am today and though I often wish that circumstances were different, I'd never take back the memories I've made and the people I've met on my journey up to this point.


6 comments:

Tricia McWhorter said...

I'm incredibly proud of you too. This was a beautiful post.

Cynthia said...

What a great list! I hope it is okay that I quoted your number 8 on my blog!

As I am typing I am listening to the song playing on your list. Janelle is singing "You're so amazing. You shine like the stars." That sure sounds like you!

Marie Reed said...

What a wonderful 13! I'm thankful that I found your groovy blog!

Tanielle said...

Amazing list!!! Just what I needed to read this morning!:)

Jen said...

I agree with everything else on your list!!!!! EVERYTHING!!

My Cancer Scoreboard said...

i am thankful for SO SO SO SO many of the same things - we have a lot in common