Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Naya's Christmas Warrior - Will you join me?

I have always had a special place in my heart for children, special needs and adoption. I'm not sure exactly how it came about but by the time I was in fourth grade I was determined that I would adopt a child with special needs.
Recently I came across a picture of a little girl, Naya. Naya is 5-years-old and has dwarfism.
She is one of a large number of children with special needs that Reece's Rainbow (a charity that promotes and facilitates international adoption and rescue for children with special needs, particularly Down Syndrome), is trying to find a forever family for.
You can view her profile HERE.
Naya is High Risk adoption due to her special needs and age. Most children with special needs in the Eastern European Countries that Reece's Rainbow works with are sent to institutions when they turn four. That's right. Four-years-old.
Naya's been lucky enough to remain in the orphanage as long as she has but needs to find her forever family and soon!

Here's where we can get involved. The cost of the international adoptions for these kids runs around $25,000 so in an effort to help the parents wanting to adopt these incredible kids, each child has an adoption fund.
Currently little Miss Naya has $10 in that fund.

I've decided to be Naya's Christmas Warrior and attempt to raise $1000 for her adoption fund before January 1st.

Instead of Christmas gifts this year, I'm hoping receive support in helping Naya instead.

If you would like to help me in the effort to being one step closer to this beautiful little girl having her own forever family, I've placed a donate button on the sidebar of my blog.
All of the money donated is tax deductible and will go to help Naya.

If you can't afford to donate monetarily but still would like to help participate in this effort feel free to take this button for your blog.



If you have any questions, feel free to email me at Summereyes91[at]yahoo[dot]com.
Thank you so much for your support!


No comments: