Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kidney Infection

I never take naps. 
Never. 
So when I slept for 8 hours during the day on Saturday, 10 hours on Sunday and 5 hours on Monday on top of my normal nightly sleep I knew something was up. I also started breaking out on and off yesterday after my morning dance class which happens when my body's fighting something off. 
Then yesterday afternoon I started having back pains and by the middle of the night was woken up in severe, can't move at all, back pain. 
Went to the doctor today and yes, I have a kidney infection. On top of all that I'm having signs of a developing staph infection so to battle two birds with one stone, tonight starts a 14 day course of antibiotics (Azithromycin).

For now, I'm still smiling (and not in as much pain with my constant rice heat pack companion on my back) and hope this optimism and laughter will continue throughout the medication treatment!

Happy Tuesday!!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kele said...

Awww! Hope you feel better honey! Take care of yourself!!

Tricia said...

Take care of yourself. Kidney infections can take a lot out of a person and be hard to get over.

Cynthia said...

So sorry you're not feeling well. Kidney infections are most definitely a pain. Hope you are up and dancing around Santa Rosa JC soon.