Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance - Crash Test Dummies

So after watching So You Think You Can Dance tonight I realized I never uploaded this video from last week's episode as I'd meant to. 

This is Ashley Valerio and Kupono Aweau preforming Jazz style dance. 

The music is "Felt Mountain by Goldfrapp" and the choreographer is Wade Robson.

The point of the dance was that they were crash test dummies and the guy was one that was blown-up/beaten/torn and the girl was one that was new/beautiful/perfect.

One word to sum up this dance. Unknown. or Jaw-Dropping.

It was so different from anything I've ever seen and after adjusting to how different it was for a moment, I loved it!

It moved me unexpectedly.

If you havn't seen it - here it is!



Any thoughts?

5 comments:

TuTu's Bliss said...

That was different but I kind of liked it. I can just imagine my husband's thoughts if they were our kids though, "All that classical ballet training, for this? I want a refund"

Tanielle said...

I soooo love SYTYCD!!! I look forward to it every week!! That dance was interesting, but I liked it, of course Wade Robson is simply amazing so no matter how weird or bizaar his dances are I love them! He always amazes me with his choreography!!

What did you think of last nights show?

Anonymous said...

oo I really liked that one last week! Which was your favorite from last night?

Kelly said...

Hey- Change of Heart was really good. I just finished it. It was less emotional for me than Sister's Keeper and The Pact, but very interesting. It explores the death penalty, and facts vs. truths etc. I just started Nineteen Minutes. This is definitely my new obsession :)

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

LOVE it! Love. it. so. much. That was really fantastic. We don't have TV so I haven't seen any of SYTYCD this season.