Monday, April 13, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday

Friend Makin' Monday

So this is something Kasey's hosting over on her blog to help us get to know one another. This week's question is 

What's The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You?

Immediately what popped into my head was, "Fake it till you make it." This was told to me over and over again by one of my teachers/mentors at a boarding school I went to for part of my sophomore year of high school. I was having a really rough time at school, missing my family, being really sick and going through the incredible stresses of life there.

So everyday when I'd see her she'd remind me, "Fake it till you make it." She really made me realize that no matter how bad things get, sitting and sulking will do you no good. You have to use your inner strength to pull you through and in time you'll forget that you're just faking it. 

That has had a huge impact on my life and it still one of my mantras today.



16 comments:

Xazmin said...

That is awsome advice. I'm totally stealing that one. I'm going to go check out the rest of your blog now!

Xazmin

KK said...

Wow that is really great advice! I don't think I've ever really heard it. Thank you for sharing!

Tanielle said...

I love that! Great advice, that I will now use and share! Thanks!

Have a great day!!!!

Tanielle

Jen said...

What great advice! I'll need to keep that in mind to pass on to my kids as they get older - very important for kids, I'd think, and for myself as well. Glad I stopped by!

Unknown said...

This is definitely good advice. I might have to say this one for the next couple of weeks....

capperson said...

I love this advice..I will most def. use it!! Thanks!

jennykate77 said...

One of my college professors used to tell me that too. It really does help to just put on your game face and keep going no matter what. One day you'll wake up and realize that you're no longer "faking it", but really feeling it. Great advice!

Hope you have a happy Monday!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

JennyKate said it well: A game face is a good thing. Good advice!

Kasey said...

That's good and super true! Glad you joined us! Hope you're having a great Monday!

Tawnya Torres said...

For all that I am going through right now, it is such good advice. I also see it that no one needs to see what is really going on. Great advice!!!

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

Great advice! Eventually you will come to realize that it's not that bad!

Glad you joined in the fun. Hope you have a great week!

Becca

Rhonda said...

Great advice! I may use that in the future. If we tell ourself a lie enough we begin to believe it is truth. In this case it will benefit us!

Nice to meet you! Have a happy Monday!

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Monday mornings are definitely my "fake it til you make it" times. I have found that if I say positive things and put on my smile, the rest of me catches up quite quickly!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi There! So nice to meet you! That is great advice. I think if we go into a situation thinking that things are going to be great, even if we aren't sure, we can make that happen by having a positive attitude. Thanks for the advice!

XOXO
jen

Ashley said...

Stopping in from SITS and I just have to say, that I LOVE that saying. It reminds of me of a teacher of mine that told everyone to smile - it's contagious. I still go out and about, running my errands with a smile on my face. It always makes me happy to see that others are earnest to smile back!

Tanielle said...

Thanks for the get well for Lexlee. I think she's starting to feel better! You are adorable!

Have a great night!

Tanielle